Architect: Philip Proctor
Project Completion: Autumn 2016
The listed farm house is an 1852 rebuilding of an earlier farm house. It had been completely refurbished in 1974 when it changed hands with a single storey extension in 1980. Only occasional exterior maintenance had been carried out until the house was sold again in 2015.
The house then underwent extensive refurbishment with new services including underfloor heating throughout powered using an air-source heat pump. North and East walls were insulated.
The previous extension was demolished and a new extension built in its place. This gives a vaulted ceiling to a large living space which includes a kitchen with dining area and lounge. An old lean-to forms a pantry accessed from the kitchen. The extension is based on the concept of an agricultural outbuilding to complement the other farm yard buildings, with full height glazing set behind oak posts.